Spring Break Hot Spots That Offer Reel Good Times
By: Kaity Nakagoshi
Just because you have outgrown your collegiate spring break days – complete with overcrowded hotels rooms, Solo cups on the beach, and an unforgettable sunburn – doesn’t mean you should have to forfeit your right to bask in the glory of this time of year. All work and no play is no fun! Not to mention, if you live like that, your body will eventually burn out, both mentally and physically.
There is no such rule that limits who can participate in spring break season, and what better way to revive and relax than with a destination fishing excursion? Whether you want to rally your crew of fishing buddies, or make it a family-friendly event, planning a fishing trip is an excellent way to experience an alternative version of spring break.
Based on the time of year and the climatic factors, here is a list of some of the best places to consider for your fishing frenzy vacation or staycation:
1. Key Largo – Offshore fishing in Key Largo peaks during spring break season. This destination offers a number of fishing charter options, and is likely to deliver Mutton snapper, Mahi, and possibly even Wahoo.
2. Louisiana – It won’t be long before the marshes of Louisiana are overcome by intolerable temperatures and humidity levels, so now is the time to reap the benefits of these redfish-rich Gulf waters.
3. Outer Banks – The Atlantic coast of North Carolina is the place to go during spring break season if you’re hungry to reel in plenty of yellowfin tuna.
4. South Padre – If everything is bigger in Texas, hopefully that applies to the Speckled Sea Trout you’ll catch this time of year since the fish haven’t retreated for cooler waters just yet.
5. St. Petersburg – Tis the season to hook some Snook on Florida’s west coast. Catch ‘em while they’re hot because after March, this popular fishery will become highly pressured.
Whether you choose to drop your lucky lure in local waters or hit the road for less familiar scenery, no spring break fishing trip is complete without some fresh Aquazul gear to go along with. Our fishing t-shirts are designed to highlight the custom screen printed artwork and natural beauty of the fish, as well as provide you with maximum comfort.